Up From the Ashes
- In a 5- year span, home fires caused 2,620 deaths and $6.9 billion in damage.
- It can take just a minute for a small frame to turn into a major blaze.
- An average of 358,500 homes went through structural fire each year.
- Every day, at least 2 children die of fire inside of the house.
- In 2021, an estimated 361,000 total house fires (27 percent) which caused 2,880 deaths (76 percent)
- 11,500 people's injuries (78 percent); and $8.9 billion in direct property damage (56 percent
- While the number of house fires has steadily declined over the past 40 years, fires today cause a lot more damage.
- In fact, the average fire loss per house in 2020 was $23,562, compared to $12,214 in 1980.
Helping rebuild houses that have been burned by fires.
Click here to play fullscreen
We help rebuild houses that have been burned. We're not a real non-profit, but if we were we'd be a 501(c)(3). We have built about 2,500 houses. We love when you reach out
How to Prevent House Fires
- You can prevent big fires by having a fire extinguisher handy.
- You can know a fire is happening if you have smoke detectors.
- Most fires are cooking fires so before you leave your house you should double check your oven and see if it is on or not.
Click here to answer in fullscreen
You Can Donate To Some Real Non-Profits
- American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
- Salvation Army,an international movement,is an evangelical part of the Universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
- Catholic Charitiesto honor human dignity and our mission is to put faith in action to improve the lives of those in need.