Shelter 2 Home
Our mission at Shelter 2 Home is helping pets find their forever home.
By Walpaper Flare
We want to help animals find a place where they can call home. Our goal is to help all homeless animals get adopted into a family that is right for them. We helped over 3,000 cats and 4,000 dogs get adopted in 2021. We give the animals the best shelter life possible, before they get adopted. Every year so many animals get abandoned by their owners. This fictional non-profit would love to be a real 501c3. We make it our mission to find them and give them a wonderful home.
Facts About Shelters
- Around 6.3 million pets enter U.S. animal shelters. There are 3.1 million dogs and 3.2 million cats
- Each year almost 920,000 animals are euthanized (390,000 dogs and 530,000 cats)
- 4.1 shelter animals are adopted each year.
- Less than 2% of cats and 15-20% of dogs are returned to their original owners
- 25% of dog that go to shelters are purebred
- Only 10% of animals at shelters have been spayed or neutered. 75% of home pets are neutered
- Only 14,000 shelters and rescue groups around the U.S.
- From 2016 to 2022, the amount of no-kill shelters have doubled. There used to only be 24% and now there are around 48%.
- 6.5 million pets are in found on the streets or in shelters every year but only 3.2 million get adopted every year
- More than 10 million pets die each year because of abuse
- There are more homeless animals than homeless people
- 1 out of every 10 dogs will find a permanent home
- 2.7 million cats and dogs are killed because shelters are too full to have them. This happens every year
- The estimate for how many stray cats there are in the U.S is about 70 million
- These five states (Texas, California, Alabama, Florida, and79 million cats are owned in the U.S while 108 million dogs are owned
- North Carolina) are responsible for killing half of the dogs and cats in the U.S
Link to Picture
- Best Friends Animal Society
- To bring about a time when there are No More Homeless Pets
- People’s Anti Cruelty Association /Albuquerque Animal Rescue (PACA), a No-Kill rescue group, was founded in 1973. Our main mission is to rescue, rehabilitate and rehome homeless dogs and cats. PACA has no shelter facility and relies on an organized network of foster parents who graciously take animals into their homes and hearts until permanent homes are found.
- Santa Fe Animal Shelter & Humane Society>
- Since 1939, the Santa Fe Animal Shelter has been dedicated to its mission: support animals, save lives, spread compassion. We are northern New Mexico’s largest open-admission, no-kill shelter.
- Animal Humane
- Our mission is to support & improve the lives of New Mexico’s cats & dogs through sheltering, adoptions, humane education & veterinary services.
- Watermelon Mountain Ranch Animal Center
- Mission Statement:
Watermelon Mountain Ranch, a nonprofit corporation, is dedicated to the belief that all living creatures- human and animal- should be cared for and protected whenever possible.
- Animal Protection New Mexico
- APNM's mission is to advocate the rights of animals by effecting systemic change, resulting in the humane treatment of all animals.
Click here to watch in full screen!