Project: Pristine Ocean
We help get rid of trash in our ocean for our marine life and rescue any ocean life that is in need of help. Trash is one of the main things hurting animals in the ocean and we want to help! We have many different locations in the U.S. where you can volunteer but our sites are mainly in cities close to the ocean. We're not a real non-profit, but if we were we'd be a 501c3.
Click here to play full screen! ©
Getting rid of trash to help our marine friends.
Why This Matters: Facts
- 100 million animals that live in the ocean die each year from plastic that ends up in the ocean.
- 100 million animals that live in the ocean die each year from plastic that ended up in the ocean.
- North pacific fish eat 12- 14,000 tons of plastic a year.
- Ocean pollution has increased by 23% in the past 5 years.
- Plastic causes more than 80% of damage to ocean animals associated with it.
- An island of garbage is twice the size of Texas and it is in the pacific.
- Of the sewage that flows into the Mediterranean Sea, 80% is not treated.
- In the world, 4.3 billion people depend on fish as a source of protein.
- The ocean absorbs 30% of pollution.
- 50% of plastics are used for single use.
Sources For Facts